Location: Greater Denver Area, I-25 Corridor, Colorado Springs, CO
Position Summary: The Superintendent is responsible for the on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects. The position will be responsible for coordinating subcontractors, material, and equipment, ensuring the safety requirements and project specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
Full-Time, Day Shift, Monday-Friday, $70,000-$100,000
- Leads all aspects of the company’s safety culture and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates safety incidents, holds team accountable and retrains staff as needed.
- Understand and apply the terms and conditions of the owner and subcontractor contracts for the project.
- Provide management of subcontractors and organization of the overall job and workflow by tracking timelines, following up, and adjusting as necessary to keep on schedules.
- Manage and oversee company staff, subcontractors, suppliers, and programs such as Safety, Quality and EEOC for a small project or a major portion of a larger project.
- Participates in the project buy out meetings with subcontractors and vendors.
- Develop work plans for subcontractors and self-performed work.
- Coordinate and manage the care, custody, and control of the project site.
- Lead various meeting including daily standup and weekly trade meetings.
- Attend, manage, and participate in appropriate progress and/or project OAC meetings.
- Work with Project Team in developing the project schedule, if schedule slips, develop plan to rearrange activities, add staff, and/or schedule overtime. Coordinate with Project Team weekly for schedule updating.
- Develop four look-ahead schedules by identifying the most critical items that must occur over the next few weeks. Coordinate with key subcontractors and suppliers to ensure the project is properly staffed and materials in place to meet the critical paths.
- Participates in the negotiation process with the owner and architect to gain agreement for project changes.
- Communicate key project information to owners, design team, governing authorities, subcontractors, suppliers, and other departments.
- Follow the project filing and documentation organization system as dictated for the project. Update drawings, logs, diaries, and inspection reports.
- Participate in the creation of weekly reports and complete daily reports, logs and tracking reports.
- Manage material and equipment needs for the project.
- Manage timecard approval process to ensure reporting of accurate hours and proper cost codes.
- Ensure quality compliance through use of specifications, setting quality standards, QA/QC, and outside resources.
- Support the project closeouts by supervising pre-punch activities and coordinating activities with the owner, architect, and governing authorities.
- Partner with field leadership to establish field staffing for their assigned project.
- Participate with the project team in preparation and presentation for all project review meetings, including the monthly review process and other key project meetings.
- Participate in and/or lead the performance reviews of Superintendent I, Carpenters, Work Force Employees, and other employees, as assigned.
- Follow all policies and procedures set forth in the Employee Handbook and Company Safety Program.
Skill Knowledge and Ability Requirements:
- OSHA 30 Certified; First Aid and CPR Certified.
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Intermediate).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Intermediate).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate), proficiency in project management software such as Procore (Intermediate), proficiency in scheduling software (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of project processes and how each supports the successful completion of a project.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project.
- Knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work (Intermediate).
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate future work through building relationships (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of layout skill (Intermediate).
- Ability to understand document changes and impact to the project schedule.
Minimum Qualifications (requirements before going into job):
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or related field (Preferred).
- 5+ years construction experience.
- 3+ years field supervision experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading medium-scale or more complex commercial construction projects.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with architects, owners, and vendors.
- Proven ability to accurately schedule construction activities or projects.
- Demonstrated success in effectively managing safety on projects.
- Proven ability to identify potential issues and offer resolutions before the project is affected.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent on-site attendance.
- Some out-of-town work may be required.
- Frequent communication with internal and external contacts; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
- Frequent standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, lifting, and repetitive use of hands.
- Environmental factors include working in temperature extremes of 0 to 100 degrees, inside or outside with exposure to dust, gases, fumes, odors, and poor ventilation in confined spaces.
- Special hazards include exposure to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and explosive hazards.
- Personal protective equipment includes use of hard hat, safety glasses, and steel-toed shoes. Equipment on an as-needed basis may include gloves, lanyards, safety harness, face mask, and hearing protection.
Dental and Vision Insurance
Disability and Life Insurance
401(k) with 4% Company Match
Annual Performance and Loyalty Bonus
Self-Managed Vacation Hours
Company Cell Phone
Company Truck or Vehicle Allowance
Company Credit Card and Fuel Card