Location: Lincoln, NE
Position Summary: The Scheduler will provide full project planning services across all phases of the Company’s projects. Major phases of the work may include engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, start-up, including start up requirements. The position will be expected to work independently from a scheduling perspective but required to participate and contribute to the team environment.
Full-Time, Day Shift, Work Arrangement Temporary Precautions due to COVID-19
- Prepares, builds and updates project schedules collaboratively with the project team.
- Performs schedule reviews to ensure effective and efficient best practices for scheduling are utilized; diplomatically communicates review comments to the project team.
- Participates in all phases of the construction planning and scheduling process, including the creation of proposal schedules, baseline schedule and ongoing schedule updates.
- Visits job sites regularly to review job status and applies construction sequencing knowledge to accurately update, or provide guidance in updating, the project schedule for projects.
- May attend project related meetings (i.e. monthly job review meeting) and/or jobsite-specific meetings (i.e. OAC meeting and/or weekly Subcontractor meeting) where emphasis on schedule is discussed.
- Adds resource loading and cost loading, when required, to schedules collaboratively created with the project teams.
- Provides planning and scheduling support to Operations, Marketing and other NGC departments as directed.
- Understands that market and regional information are a part of project schedules such as: seasonal weather patterns, materials markets, labor forces and other factors that may impact each project schedule.
- Participates in pursuit opportunities with Business Development, Marketing and the project teams.
- Follows all policies and procedures set forth in the Employee Handbook and Company Safety Program.
- Directs with the development of best practices for NGC’s planning and scheduling efforts.
- Develops and facilitates planning and scheduling training programs for internal team members.
- Manages project teams in assessing sequencing and methods of construction, project delays and impacts, alternate work plans, and recovery schedules.
- Develops and maintains a library of standard project schedule templates for internal use as a starting point.
- Participates in pursuit opportunities, including interviews and external client meetings during the pursuit phase.
- Supports project teams to coordinate with trade partners’ schedule issues and recovery schedules.
- Participates and provides feedback in job pre-planning meetings, post construction meetings, and monthly project status review meetings.
Skill Knowledge and Ability Requirements:
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Project. Able to train on MS Project.
- Ability to read and understand plans, drawings and specifications.
- Ability to recognize, during job site visits, where there are schedule sequencing areas of concern and where sequencing improvements can occur.
- Knowledge of the means and methods of construction management regarding commercial construction project types and delivery methods.
- Knowledge of work activity sequencing, activity durations, scheduling concepts and best practices, with the ability to communicate opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to effectively deal with Change Management delays and claims.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project.
- Ability to effectively collaborate as a team, both internally and externally.
Education and Experience:
- Microsoft Project: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 8+ years planning and scheduling experience (Preferred)
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance
- Frequent communication with internal and external contacts; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
Dental and Vision Insurance
Disability and Life Insurance
401(k) with 4% Company Match
Annual Performance and Loyalty Bonus
Self-Managed Vacation Hours
Company Cell Phone
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year