We implement a written safety program that’s administered by our general superintendent and our retained third-party safety consultant. The safety program is approved by our insurance carriers and complies with all applicable federal and state laws.
Our safety consultant will make regular job site visits and written reports, and certain subcontract trades will be required to have job walks by their in-house safety personnel. Additionally, our site superintendent will manage all site construction activities and the surrounding areas indirectly affected by the construction.
We’ll implement the following measures to ensure subcontractor quality, performance, and safety:
- Daily reporting from NGC and all subcontractors
- Weekly subcontractor meetings covering topics such as safety, schedule, deliveries, RFIs, submissions, and new documents
- Weekly Tool Box Talks by all trades as required by OSHA
- Job hazard analysis for high-risk activities
- Two-week look-ahead schedules updated weekly, identifying specific trade work to be performed
- Delivery inspections by all subcontractors to ensure only approved products are being used for the project
- Collaboration with the local inspectors, state fire marshal, state elevator inspector, and others regarding code requirements, planned inspections, and construction progress
- Requirement for each subcontractor to have a competent person on-site at all times for safety