Location: Lincoln, NE
Position Summary: The Estimating Assistant, who under the direction of the Estimator, will work closely with the Preconstruction and Estimating Team to ensure success in generating quotes in a timely manner. This position will contact subcontractors and material suppliers for quotes, organize and record information accurately, review and prepare bid documents, enter bid information into the company’s software and perform-take offs.
Full-Time, Day Shift, Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Possible Temporary Precautions due to COVID-19
- Vet and procure new subcontractors to maintain a competitive edge.
- Set up all projects on ITB software (iSqFt and Building Connected) and distribute within 24 hours from receipt of bid documents.
- Distribute all bid addenda, clarifications, and notices on ITB software within 24 hours of receipt.
- Manage and maintain project drawings from preliminary to construction set.
- Proactive with respect to subcontractor coverage, follow up bid phone calls, follow up bid emails, updating of subcontractor databases, updating of ITB software, etc.
- Completes assigned on screen take offs, when requested, on schedule.
- Maintains and updates historical databases (master projects list, master estimates list, etc.)
- Performs administrative and support functions required of departmental leaders and staff. Duties include general office work, scheduling, coordinating, researching, compiling data, etc.
- Manage all weekly/monthly commitments that result from meetings with departmental leaders and staff and completes these action items on schedule.
- Develop positive relationships with subcontractors, vendors, co-workers, and other external clients.
- Respond to all inquiries and requests in a timely manner and follow up until each issue is closed.
- Follow all policies and procedures set forth in the Employee Handbook and Company Safety Program.
Skill Knowledge and Ability Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; as well as Bluebeam and estimating take-off software.
- Proficient in blueprint reading.
- Deliver high quality work that’s accurate, complete, and well-organized.
- Productively use time to meet multiple deadlines.
- Operates with a sense of urgency in completing tasks but knows when to ask for help when needed.
- Takes ownership of project and responsibility for own actions.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written; participates in meetings.
- Proactive in managing workload and following up on information.
- Sound judgement skills and professional approach; able to evaluate issues and make proper decisions while maintaining confidentiality.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
- Must be able to sit or stand at least 85% of the time.
- Frequent communication with internal and external contacts; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Dental and Vision Insurance
Disability and Life Insurance
401(k) with 4% Company Match
Annual Performance and Loyalty Bonus
Self-Managed Vacation Hours
Company Cell Phone