Location: Lincoln, NE
Position Summary: The Estimator coordinates and manages the progress and completion of all tasks associated with the preconstruction phase of assigned projects from inception to turnover to the project operations team. The position is responsible for tracking and executing the preconstruction and estimating activities while organizing and disseminating information to applicable project stakeholders to ensure timely execution of all processes.
Full-Time, Day Shift, Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Possible Temporary Precautions due to COVID-19
- Primary point of contact and manager of the preconstruction phase for assigned projects.
- Prepare detailed preliminary budgets at all stages of design.
- Prepare detailed drawing reviews to ensure completeness and constructability at all stages of design.
- Prepare detailed project schedule including due diligence, design, permitting, estimating, procurement, and construction.
- Facilitate project permitting process including obtaining preliminary permit and impact fees for the purposes of preliminary budgeting.
- Interact with Clients and the Design Team to ensure design is completed on time.
- Develop estimating deliverables to ensure budgets and schedules are met including detailed scope statements for distribution to vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors to help evaluate cost proposals. Evaluate subcontractor proposals to ensure all scope items have been captured and identify critical exclusions.
- Prepare a detailed estimate by completing quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate input, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned projects.
- Provide value engineering proposals to help reduce cost, time, and promote efficiency. Identify unique risks associated with each assigned project and help develop a mitigation plan in conjunction with the Client, Preconstruction team, Subcontractors, etc.
- Work directly with the Project team to manage project buyout, reviewing all critical path and long lead Purchase Order and Subcontract agreements to ensure timely, and well-organized project turnover.
- Follows all policies and procedures set forth in the Employee Handbook and Company Safety Program.
- Participates and provides feedback in job pre-planning meetings, post-construction meetings, and monthly Project Review meetings, when necessary
Skill Knowledge and Ability Requirements:
- Intermediate or Expert level of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Intermediate or Expert level of proficiency in BlueBeam and/or On-Screen Takeoff software.
- Ability to read and understand plans, drawings, and specifications.
- Deliver high quality work that is accurate, complete, and well-organized.
- Productively use time to meet multiple deadlines.
- Operates with a sense of urgency in completing tasks.
- Takes ownership of project and responsibility for own actions.
- Respond to requests for service and assistance to meet commitments.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written .
- Excellent leadership ability with capacity to motivate people and support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Proactive in managing workload and following up on information.
- Sound judgement skills and professional approach.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project.
- Ability to effectively collaborate as a team, both internally and externally.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 3-5 years of Estimating experience.
- 1-3 years of Management and/or Leadership experience (Preferred).
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
- Must be able to sit or stand at least 85% of the time.
- Frequent communication with internal and external contacts; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Dental and Vision Insurance
Disability and Life Insurance
401(k) with 4% Company Match
Annual Performance and Loyalty Bonus
Self-Managed Vacation Hours
Company Cell Phone